Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 9 Bench - 2/16/2015

I have had a sinus infection and ended up taking Sunday off from squats...
Bench on Monday night was OK...  Still couldn't touch in the red whore.
135 x 12
245 x 5
295 x 2
335 x 2
385 x 2
425 x 2 w/ slingshot
Shirted Sets, no boards just took it as low as I could
515 x 2
605 x 1
655 x 1
655 x 1
I posted video on Facebook but I think I got a little bit lower but nothing to brag about.  I'm still not getting the bar out enough which is causing the groove to be high where I'm trying to touch....  Just have to take it out more.  The first 655 was maybe at a half board but all over the place and I did press it fast.  The second was maybe a little lower on the belly but still half board off and I lost it when I pressed and missed it....  I'm really starting to think I may not be strong enough for this shirt.  Everyone I see using it successfully are benching at least mid 7's.  I don't know.  I'm going to keep pushing and I'll lift in it on March 21 at my meet. I have decided I will go with it, I'm a multiply lifter and if I miss three attempts and bomb...oh well.  I was considering opening raw but that will give me a way out and I wont go for it with everything.  Live and die by the gear....

No comments:

Post a Comment