Friday, January 30, 2015

Week 6 Pulls - 1/28/2014

Decided to pull off 2" blocks since the week had gotten messed up and we squatted on Monday night.  I wanted to plate up until 675, which is in the middle of what I want to open with and my second. All of those pulls felt OK, the 675 went fast enough with just a little shake of the legs.  The last set was going to be 705 which is my planned second.  I pulled and it only got to my knees and died...  I hate missing lifts in the gym.  Especially 4 weeks out from a meet.  This is the week that I go for PRs and big numbers in the training cycle.  So, I'm going to stick with the plan of opening around 640 and then I'll make the call on a second from there.  I would really like to get a 7+ pull in a full meet, I pulled 700 but it was in a DL only meet.
I finished the night off with some accessory work and a few sets of decline sit ups while holding 100 lbs of dumbbells.  No benching this week.  I will get back at it Monday night.  Trying a little trick to see if I can finally touch in the new shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment