Monday, April 27, 2015

APF Gulf Coast Meet Recap

A quick write up of my meet on Saturday the 25th.  Things went pretty good and I’m happy with my total.  This had been a crazy prep since I had started on 12/20 with the plan of doing a meet on February 28th.  That meet sold out so I found a meet 4 weeks later which I bombed out of…  I was pissed and wanted to do something so decided to do the APF Gulf Coast Meet.  So, 18 weeks of meet prep later I walked into the meet in New Port Richey, FL.  I felt pretty good and warm ups went really good.  Joe Norman was also competing and it was a real pleasure to lift and compete with him.  My squat had been inconsistent the last five weeks or so and I had no idea of really what would happen.  My knees had also started caving in out of nowhere.  I had never had them do that and I am really going to have to rework my set up and form if I want to take it to the next level.  I opened with 777 and it was fine.  Took 826 which is a 6lbs PR on my second, got called on depth.  Took it on a third and got it.  BUT, knees caved in and just an ugly squat.  Bench warm ups went smooth and fast.  Opened with an easy 584.  Took 639 on my second, an 11lbs PR and it felt like air.  I took 661 on my third and didn’t really groove it back up right and I pressed into the lip of the rack.  I really doubt I had the strength in my right arm though, I felt it lagging.  With deadlifts I only took three warm up pulls and then opened light with 633 and it felt slow and like crap.  But I went to 705 next a 5 lbs PR and a 25lbs full meet PR.  It went up smooth and felt way better than the 633.  I had wanted to total 2200 so took 738 for my third but it wasn’t happening.  So, I ended up with a 2171 total, 71lbs PR.  And I PR’d all my lifts a little. 

I want to thank Rick Lawrence for a very good meet.  Jayson McNett for all the help with training, 116lbs on my total in less than a year.  All the guys and girls from The Weight Pile, Andrew, Matt, Dennis, Kristi, and Jessica.  Donnie Kiernan for coming to help with hand-offs.  Beast Sports Nutrition for awesome supplements and support as well as WarHammer Gym Gear.  AND, Mindy for always being right there.  Even with food poisoning this weekend she never missed a beat and coached me and cheered me on just like always.  I love you and thank you for supporting me. 
1st in Multi Ply 308 and 2nd Overall to the awesome Joe Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment